Monday 30 January 2012

Purpose?

Why am i doing this? thats a question I'm sure some people want to ask me, and a question I've asked myself many times. This is my answer. Throughout highschool, things were normal, things were average, things were...lukewarm. As the end approached I had to face that daunting question, What am i gonna do with my life? As most guys do, I was thinking of something that involved money and lots of it. So I thought of furthering my education. This is what most kids are thinking of.. eventually i came to the realization that i wanted to fit my life into a nice equation. Education=Good Pay= Good Life=American Dream=Happyness. But once I saw the equation for what it was i was no longer interested, i was repulsed. Education=Good Pay=A Pursuit of Money=Average Life=Death=A waste in my mind. 


Theres this book, Dont Waste Your Life, that was given to me, in all honesty it was dry and i read a quarter of it. But i took away a sentence that changed the equation of my life. "There was this man, on his deathbed, he was knocking at deaths door, and he yelled, I've wasted it!" (paraphrased) Is that what i wanted? Is that the life i wanted to live? A life where I kiss deaths hand and right before i go through the agony of what might have been?! and God crashed my illusions in front of me. And in the very same breath He let me know that my life is a vapor, gone in the blink of an eye. When I'm dying do I wanna lay there thinking about the wasted time, the time the locusts have stolen? The time spent chasing a piece of paper! cause thats all my old equation was; paper. No, God gave me the inspiration to live a life that relied on him. No im not an extremist in the sense that i hate money. But it is not my God. God told me when I came to this realization that If i followed him, i would live a life unparalleled to the previous. That if I followed him, I could lay there dying and say, I squeezed life for all it was worth and I took every drop of fulfilment, joy, love, and happiness it would give. 


And Australia is where he is sending me. 


1 Timothy 6:17-19 Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy. Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is LIFE indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment